How Big Is the Elephant in Your Room?

Constance? Earnest? Stalwart? Fred?

I haven’t named my elephant yet, but I really should since it’s been with me in whatever room I seem to occupy for quite some time now. Yes,infertility comes with its very own elephant – as if we need things to be any more crowded in the places we occupy, or worse yet, in doctor office waiting rooms (Can you just picture it? A room full of couples and their elephants??!)

Editor's Note: You can read more of my latest Barren Not Beaten column at Fertility Authority.

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments

• 10/2/2009 12:42 PM WannabeMommy wrote:
    Shipping an elephant back to Africa sounds awful expensive....

But I certainly know what you mean. My elephant seems to only hang around whenever we're with our friends and their children.
  • 10/2/2009 7:00 PM Wishing4One wrote:
    I name my Constant and hope one day i can ship his butt away to a far away place. But for now, my elephant remains with me and as long as I can keep him in check, I'll manage. For now.
  • 10/2/2009 8:59 PM Sharon wrote:
    Oh please DON'T ship ANY more elephants back here to Africa. Believe me, we have more than what we know what to do with. I'm thinking a culling exercise might be in order???
    1. 10/3/2009 8:50 AM Pamela Jeanne wrote:
      I had no idea how many elephant reserves you had in South Africa. I understand why you'd want to keep the numbers from growing. Hmmm. I'll check to see if my elephant belongs in India. Among other traits the ears hold a clue and I have to admit I haven't paid enough attention to those details.

B: I like the idea of a collective return...there are interesting places to visit near the elephant reserves in India, too.

• 10/2/2009 9:54 PM Barbara wrote:
    Great to hear from you. I keep missing the sound (?) of your voice.

I like Constance for a name- only we don't want this friend to be quite so Constant. Or Con - for short.

Let me know when you head off to Africa to return your elephant. A bit like Christian the Lion (you tube it if you don't know what i am talking about). Can I meet you there. We'll deliver two elephants and then go for a canoe trip down the Zambezi or climb Kilamanjaro. Shall we?

B : )
  • 5/25/2010 12:27 AM Pet Network wrote:
    I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your web site to check out the latest stuff you post.